Grigorios Tsoumakas received his B.Sc. in Informatics from the Department of Informatics of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTh), Greece,
in 1999 an M.Sc. in Artificial Intelligence from the Division of Informatics of the University of Edinburgh, UK, in 2000 and a PhD in Machine Learning from the Department of Informatics of AUTh in 2005.
He currently is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Informatics of AUTh. His research interests include Machine Learning, Data Mining and Distributed Computing. He is a member of the Hellenic Artificial Intelligence Society and the Special Interest Group on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining of the Association for Computing Machinery.
Learning from Multi-label Data, Ensemble Pruning, Text Mining, Distributed Data Mining, Learning for Planning
Email address: First two letters of my name followed by "eg", followed by "(at)csd.auth.gr"
My Data Mining Haiku
voting and stacking,
bagging, boosting, random forests
error below zero
Winner of the 2nd Data Mining Haiku Competition of KDNuggets :)
- Extensive Greek CV [.pdf] (Last update: September, 2009)
- Extensive English CV [.pdf] (Last update:
Organization of Scientific Events
Selected PC memberships
Selected reviewing assignments
- ECML PKDD 2009, 2008
- Journal of Machine Learning Research
- Machine Learning Journal
- IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering
- IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence
- IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks
- Statistical Analysis and Data Mining
See group's publications here, or my CV.